Based in London, Richard has over 20 years' experience as a real estate lawyer and is experienced in all aspects of property development, investment and financing. He heads the development practice within the London real estate group and has developed close relationships with many of the firm's key clients. He is recognised in Legal 500 UK's "Hall of Fame: Development" and ranked in Chambers UK.
Richard advises major institutions from all around the world, including new market entrants. He advises on major multi-phased development projects in the UK and internationally, as well as the larger investment deals and joint ventures.
Richard's experience includes advising:
- British Land on its development at Canada Water, London. Our role advising on this project was recognised at the British Legal Awards 2022, where we were named Real Estate Team of the Year (October 2022)
- British Land on the sale of the UBS headquarters building in Broadgate, London to Cheung Kong for £1 billion
- Oxford Properties and British Land on the sale of the Leadenhall Building (the "Cheesegrater") to CC Land for £1.15 billion
- Cain International and its joint venture partner Freo Group in relation to the Koryfeum business campus development in Munich; the acquisition, development and financing of a major office building in Paris; the acquisition of the office asset Colisee II in Paris; on the acquisition and financing of the 28 building Juno office portfolio in Madrid and Barcelona; and the Albatros office portfolio in Madrid
- Cain International and partners on the £680 million residential and mixed-use development at The Stage, Shoreditch
- The Greater London Authority on the procurement of the development of Silvertown Quays
- Almacantar on the £800 million mixed-use residential, office and leisure redevelopment of Marble Arch Tower in central London
- Macquarie on the financing of the general portfolios of solar and wind projects and on waste-to-power projects
- HB Reavis on its redevelopment of Elizabeth House, One Waterloo, London into 1.2 million square feet of workspace and the creation of a new retail space and regenerated public realm
- HG Capital on the acquisition of a 50% stake in Scout Moor, the UK's largest onshore wind farm
- Chinese Estates on the purchase, financing and refinancing of River Court, London (Goldman Sachs' HQ)