Régis also regularly assists banks and financial institutions on their regulatory issues and their strategies regarding French regulators. In this context, Régis has assisted banks and financial institutions on internal reorganisations, the transfer of loan portfolios and regulatory matters as well as bank mergers, acquisitions and disposals.
He also regularly advises lenders and borrowers on debt restructuring in the context of pre-insolvency and safeguard proceedings as well as in bankruptcy scenarios.
This includes advising:
- a major French energy group on the EUR130 million refinancing of a portfolio of five on-shore wind farm projects located in France
- a leading provider of equipment financing on the drafting and negotiation of finance documents concerning one of the first large scale methanisation projects in France (in the poultry sector)
- a French bank on the acquisition of three regional banks and a 300 line structured loan portfolio (EUR1 billion of assets)
- a leading French financial institution on the reorganisation of its operations in various European countries following the acquisition of a majority stake in a group involved in personal finance activities
- a UAE-based financial institution on the regulatory aspects of the acquisition of an international foreign exchange service provider
Clients instruct department head Régis Oréal for both transactional matters and regulatory issues. They comment: "He is pragmatic, and very quick to understand our specific needs and offer a solution."
Chambers Global 2015
Clients praise key partner Régis Oréal: "He's very pragmatic and efficient: he goes straight to the point. He's very good technically and has a commercial approach. He's a highly motivated person and likes to do his best."
Chambers Global 2014
"The “very commercial” Régis Oréal is considered a “reactive and reliable” finance lawyer
Chambers Europe 2013
After starting his career in the Capital Markets team at Banque Paribas, Régis was admitted to the Paris bar as a lawyer in January 1997. He has more than 20 years of experience in transactional finance and regulatory issues.