Peter has extensive international projects, infrastructure and PPP advisory experience gained from working in Australia, UK, Europe, the Middle East and Asia.
He advises government bodies, finance providers, project sponsors, contractors and investors on their participation in major privatisations and outsourcings, construction, infrastructure and PPP projects, secondary market sales of infrastructure projects, project restructurings and complex procurement processes. He has experience across a range of industry sectors including energy, resources, water, waste, real estate, health, education, telecommunications, information technology and transport.
Peter also has particular expertise in advising Governments and other clients operating in the public sector on major infrastructure projects and commercial matters and is the firm’s joint Government industry leader.
Peter is named annually in the Financial Review’s Australia’s Best lawyers list in the Government and Project Finance and Development categories for his government and major projects expertise. He is also named as a leading individual in the Projects and Infrastructure category in the Asia Pacific Legal 500.
Peter's experience includes:
- advising the Queensland Government on the A$2 billion Sunshine Coast University Hospital PPP project and collocated private hospital
- advising Allconnex Water on its A$4 billion disestablishment involving the transfer of water business and assets to Gold Coast City Council, Redland City Council and Logan City Council
- advising the Queensland Government on the A$603 million sale of Forestry Plantations Queensland to Hancock Timber Resource Group, the first asset to be privatised in the state’s recent asset sale program
- advising bidding consortiums and other participants on all of the major metropolitan transport projects undertaken in Queensland in recent years including the Gateway Upgrade project, Airport Link PPP project, Clem 7 PPP toll road, Legacy Way and the Gold Coast Rapid Transit light rail PPP project
- advising the Queensland Government on the Southbank Education and Training precinct, the State's first PPP project and recognised as ‘Best Global Project’ in the international Public Private Finance Awards, and advising the government on the SEQ Schools PPP project
Peter holds a Bachelor of Commerce and a Bachelor of Laws. Prior to joining Freehills, he worked for international law firms Allen & Overy and Ashurst in their Budapest, London, Moscow and Singapore offices.
Peter provides pro bono legal advice to Youngcare and sits on a number of its board committees. He is also a board member of the Freehills Foundation, which is responsible for coordinating and driving the firm’s pro bono.