Christophe, who is qualified in France, has 30 years of experience advising on the construction and financing of large-scale energy and other infrastructure projects in France, Europe and the emerging markets, including in particular Francophone Africa. He led our Paris energy & infrastructure team from 2016 to 2019 and is a current member of the Paris office management board.
Christophe's experience spans the entire project lifecycle and includes negotiations between public authorities, builders, operators and financial institutions. This has provided him with a broad perspective and a strong understanding of the market overall.
Christophe is ranked as a leading lawyer for Projects & Energy International by Chambers Global 2020, and a leading lawyer for Regulatory and Public Law (Energy) by Legal 500 EMEA 2019.
Prior to his joining the firm, Christophe worked at French construction giant Bouygues Travaux Publics, where he held the position of General Counsel for eleven years. He also previously worked at Veolia Environment.
Christophe is a native French speaker and is fluent in English.
Christophe’s experience includes advising:
- EDF, International Finance Corporation and Government of Cameroon on the development and financing of the Nachtigal Hydroelectric Project (420MW) in Cameroon (Multilateral Deal of the Year 2018, PFI Awards; African Power Deal of the Year 2018, IJGlobal Awards)
- Akuo Energy on the development and financing of the Kita 50MW solar plant in Mali (African Solar Deal of the Year 2018, IJGlobal Awards)
- Caisse des Dépôts et Consignations on the financing, construction, operation and maintenance of a high speed train line between Paris (Gare de l'Est) and CDG Roissy Airport (CDG Express project)
- SEMOP Paris Gare du Nord 2024 in relation to the Gare du Nord 2024 transformation project
- the Lenders to the successful bidding consortium comprising Cintra, Macquarie and Porr, on the financing, construction and operation of the Slovak D4 Highway and R7 Expressway PPP (European Road Deal of the Year 2016, IJGlobal Awards)
- VINCI Airports and Vinci Concessions on its response to the tender by Saint Lucia Sea and Air Ports Authority to select a Concessionaire to finance, operate, maintain, redevelop and expand the Hewanorra International Airport
- Marguerite Fund on its investments in the FTTH (Fiber-to-the-Home) concession projects in the Alsace and Grand Est regions in France (the Grand Est project was awarded European Telecoms Deal of the Year 2016, IJGlobal Awards)
- Cellnex (Europe’s leading operator of wireless telecommunications infrastructures) on its agreement with Iliad France, Iliad Italy and Salt (Switzerland) to acquire and lease back 10,700 towers in France, Italy and Switzerland and on the roll out of a "built to suit" program of up to 4,000 new towers