Alison has specialised in insurance law and regulation for over 25 years. Her practice involves advising UK and EEA insurers and intermediaries on a range of issues including most recently the regulatory perimeter, the implications of Brexit for the operation of cross-border insurance businesses, the introduction of the Senior Managers and Certification Regime and Solvency II. Alison is the joint consulting editor of “A Practitioner’s Guide to Solvency II” (Sweet & Maxwell, 2016).
Recent experience includes:
- the implications of Brexit for cross-border activities and for group supervision
- Solvency II rules on group supervision, ring-fenced funds, contract boundaries and governance
- the regulatory perimeter and the application of the passport to cross-border activities
- the implications of Solvency II for reinsurance arrangements
- structuring assets for use of the matching adjustment under Solvency II
- advice to a leading UK life mutual on its response to changes to the regulatory regime for with-profits business