Jed specialises in financial services regulatory law. He acts on behalf of a wide variety of clients, including wealth managers and advisers, banks, fund managers, financial market participants and pioneering FinTechs. Jed works on both advisory and transactional matters.
Jed advises on a range of matters, including perimeter issues, financial promotions, conduct of business requirements, market conduct and the regulatory aspects of corporate transactions. He also advises on the impact of regulatory change, including regimes and legislation such as the SMCR, MiFID, the Payment Services Regulations and the IFPR.
Jed's experience includes:
- prepared, submitted and resolved several applications to the FCA for authorisation or a variation of permission, including assisting a large wealth manager to become operational and fully authorised*
- advised regularly on the application of the Senior Managers and Certification Regime, including helping to prepare and submit applications to perform senior management functions*
- assisted a UK e-money provider on the scope of the UK regulatory framework, including how best to utilise appropriate exemptions*
- assisted several clients in navigating the UK's financial promotions regime in order to effectively raise capital*
- supported a full scale review and refresh of consumer credit documentation for use by several major private banks*
*prior to joining HSF