Jonathan assists clients on all their white collar crime disputes, on both contentious and non-contentious matters. He has significant experience working with clients on criminal litigation, investigations, compliance, risk and crisis management and sanctions.
He acts for domestic and international companies and their directors in connection with internal fraud and all types of legal proceedings, notably economic and financial crime and on issues including money laundering, corruption, fraud, cybercrime, market abuse, international sanctions and embargoes.
Jonathan advocates before courts in France, Asia and Francophone African countries.
He is admitted in the Paris bar and speaks fluent English.
Jonathan has taught on criminal law and criminal procedure at Paris II University and is also a regular speaker at seminars on CCI and compliance issues.
Jonathan's practice is recognised by Chambers as having "an excellent experience with a strong team" (Corporate Compliance & Investigations section).
Jonathan has advised:
- a distribution giant in relation to the first case ever heard by the Enforcement Committee (Commission des sanctions) of the French Anti-Corruption Agency. The Enforcement Committee found the group to be fully compliant with the requirements of the Sapin II law
- a leading telecommunications group on criminal proceedings following an internal fraud incident
- an international energy group in relation to an internal investigation following allegations of corruption
- several industrial groups in connection with the sanction regimes and restrictive measures against Russia and Iran
- an international bank on a criminal investigation further to a cyberattack
- an international group in the implementation of anti-corruption tools on a global level, including training and follow-up audit.