Daniel advises international clients on the full spectrum of EU and UK competition law matters.
Daniel has acted on complex and challenging UK merger control cases and many high-profile, cross-border deals requiring regulatory approval in Brussels and in other jurisdictions. Daniel's transactional expertise is balanced with in-depth experience of behavioural and advisory matters, including EU and UK cartel investigations, with a particular focus on the financial services, mining, TMT and retail sectors.
Daniel's experience includes advising:
- AbbVie, Inc. on its US$63bn acquisition of Allergan, one of the largest M&A deals announced worldwide in 2019, with clearance subject to commitments negotiated with the European Commission
- Bauer Media on a series of transformative acquisitions made in the UK commercial radio sector which were subject to in-depth Phase 2 investigation by the UK Competition and Markets Authority, with clearance conditional on a set of sophisticated behavioural remedies.
- Weir plc on numerous complex international merger matters, including the US$405 million disposal of its Oil and Gas business division in 2020 and the sale in 2019 of its flow-control business, with both deals subject to merger control and foreign direct investment clearances in numerous jurisdictions
- A leading investment bank on the European Commission' s investigation into alleged foreign exchange rate manipulation.
- Canada Pension Planning Investment Board on EU merger control approval for joint venture arrangements in the financial services sector
- Elementis plc on its US$600 million acquisition of mining company Mondo Minerals
- Électricité de France (EdF) on complex competition and regulatory aspects of its landmark development of the UK's first new nuclear power plant for a generation, Hinckley Point C