Caroline advises leading corporates and financial institutions on private acquisitions and disposals, recommended and hostile public company takeovers, joint ventures and equity capital raisings.
Caroline works with clients across a range of sectors, with a particular focus on the financial services. She has worked on a range of matters in the Fintech sector. Caroline also works with a number of our listed company clients on corporate governance and board advisory matters, listed company regulation and compliance. She is a member of the Company Law Committee of the City of London Law Society.
Caroline's experience includes advising:
- National Grid plc on its £7.8 billion proposed acquisition of Western Power Distribution
- Go-Ahead Group plc on the £650 million proposed takeover by Kinetic and Globalvia
- Workspace on its £277 million takeover of Mackay Securities plc
- Centremanor Limited on its £1.3 billion recommended offer for Daejan Holdings
- Cineplex on the proposed $2.1 billion takeover by Cineworld plc
- Hammerson plc on its £3.4 billion recommended bid for Intu Properties plc and the approach by Kleppiere
- ARRIS Group on the $7.4 billion takeover by CommScope
- TSB Banking Group plc on the £1.7 billion takeover by Banco de Sabadell
- ARRIS Group, on its £1.4 billion takeover offer for Pace, a UK-based technology solutions provider
- Interactive investor on its takeover of Share plc
- Convoy on the sale of Nutmeg to JP Morgan
- EML on its acquisitions of Prepaid Financial Services and of Sentenial and its Open Banking brand Nuapa
- Invesco on its acquisition of Intelliflo, the UK's leading provider of advisor-focused digital solutions, and of i4c Technology
- Willis Group on its acquisitions of Miller Insurance Services LLP and PMI Health Group
- LendInvest on various matters including its Series C fundraising
- ClearBank on its establishment as the UK's first new clearing bank in 250 years and various fundraisings
Caroline topped the UK M&A lawyer rankings by deal value in 2021, Mergerlinks
Caroline is recognised as a "Leading Individual" by Legal 500 in the upper mid market and premium deals category.
Caroline has been recognised in The Lawyer's 2019 Hot 100 for "her legal prowess in major public takeovers".