Anna handles a wide variety of contentious and non-contentious employment law issues. Her varied experience includes advising on large scale restructurings and redundancy exercises (often involving multiple jurisdictions), share and business acquisitions and outsourcings, drafting employment contracts, staff handbooks and secondment agreements, and advising on senior executive appointments, terminations and the enforcement of restrictive covenants.
In respect of contentious matters Anna advises on Employment Tribunal claims, including defending whistleblowing and discrimination claims, and High Court claims for wrongful dismissal and breach of contract.
Anna has a particular focus on advising banking and financial services clients on employment and related regulatory matters, particularly in relation to the new Senior Managers and Certification Regime. In this context she has advised on changes to contractual terms and conditions, employee policies and procedures and related regulatory matters. She also gives employment advice to financial institutions on the contentious departures of senior approved persons/senior managers.
Anna spent six months on secondment at a large US headquartered bank working within their in-house employment legal team and two months on a part-time secondment to the London branch of a Brazilian bank working as sole employment legal counsel within their HR function.
Anna's experience includes advising:
- TSB on the employment issues arising from the termination of various transitional services arrangements between TSB and Lloyds and replacement with subsequent outsource providers including specific advice on TUPE transfer processes
- BTG Pactual Europe LLP on a variety of employment matters, including the defence of discrimination and unfair dismissal claims, advising on internal grievance processes and on the restructuring of its London team resulting in collective redundancies
- a wide cross-section of Banks and other financial services clients (including UK branches of both EEA and non-EEA headquartered Banks) on the employment issues arising from the introduction of the new UK individual accountability regime, including advice on amendments to employment contracts, employee policies and procedures and internal processes/training to ensure compliance with the Senior Managers and Certification Regime requirements
- a listed and regulated financial services client in relation to misuse of confidential information belonging to a third party and the consequential termination of employment of several senior executive employees
- Chevron advising on several complex dismissals which involved allegations of discrimination and related data subject access requests
Anna studied Law at the University of Bristol and graduated in 2004. Anna trained at Herbert Smith Freehills and qualified into the employment team in 2008.