Toby advises on major construction, engineering and project-financed projects within Australia and offshore.
Toby has significant experience in:
- Project delivery - development and construction related agreements including EPC (using both FIDIC and domestic forms) and construction contracts, equipment supply contracts, FEED/EPCM contracts, ‘early contractor involvement’ contracts, LTSA and O&M arrangements, alliance agreements, PPP/PFI’s and other related project agreements
- Renewable energy – particularly in the wind, solar, hydro and geothermal sectors
- Power and gas - connection and transmission agreements, pipeline and gas storage projects, fuel supply arrangements and off-take arrangements (including feed in tariff schemes)
Toby holds an LLB (Honours) from Otago University of New Zealand. Toby is admitted to the Supreme Court of New South Wales and the High Court of New Zealand.
Experience & expertise
- Burgos Wind Farm (85MW), Luzon, Philippines – advising in relation to procurement process, EPC Contract (wind farm, transmission line and substation), LTSA and feed in tariff arrangements (Energy Development Corporation/First Gen)
- Geothermal plant relocation project, Negros, Philippines (Energy Development Corporation/First Gen)
- Broken Hill (50MW) and Nyngan (100MW) solar power stations in New South Wales – advising in relation to EPC Contracts, O&M arrangements and Commonwealth and State funding arrangements (AGL Energy)
- Newcastle gas storage facility, New South Wales – advising in relation to the design and construction of a 1.5 PJ LNG gas storage facility, including FEED/ECI study phase and EPC construction phase (AGL Energy)
- Rolling Stock maintenance – extension of the MainTrain maintenance facility contract with RailCorp in New South Wales (United Group).