Peter is a commercial litigation lawyer with over 20 years experience in representing and advising leading public and private companies involved in complex commercial disputes.
Peter’s practice covers a range of industries and areas, with a particular focus upon class actions, product liability and insurance.
He also has extensive experience in disputes arising out of the sale and purchase of businesses, property transactions, common law claims and contractual and licensing disputes.
A partner since 1990, Peter is admitted to practise in the Supreme Courts of Victoria, New South Wales and Western Australia, and in the Federal Court and High Court of Australia.
Peter holds Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Commerce degrees from the University of Melbourne. He is admitted in the Supreme Courts of Victoria, New South Wales and Western Australia, and in the Federal Court and High Court of Australia.
Experience & expertise
- for Diageo in relation to class action litigation in the Supreme Court of Victoria, Australia
- for Centro in defending funded shareholder class actions involving allegations of contraventions of Australian securities laws
- for Centro in responding to third party claims in relation to D&O insurance
- for Symbion in relation to litigation arising out of a sale of business transaction
- litigation in the Supreme Court of Victoria, Australia concerning the interpretation of an occurrence-based product liability insurance policy
- for Leighton Properties in relation to disputes arising out of property developments