Barney focuses on non-contentious work for clients in the financial services sector.
Barney works for clients in the financial services sector, providing advice in relation to general corporate and financial services regulatory matters, restructurings, business sales, capital raising and takeovers. He has extensive experience in advising on complex M&A and restructuring transactions for banks and asset managers and on a wide range of matters in the Fintech sector.
Barney also has particular experience acting on transfers of insurance and banking business, cross border reinsurance arrangements and acquisitions in the insurance and insurance intermediary sector.
Experience & expertise
- Willis Group Holdings on its acquisitions of Miller Insurance Services LLP and PMI Health and Miller on its acquisition of Alston Gayler
- Old Mutual plc on the disposal of Rogge Global Partners
- Lloyds Banking Group on the reorganisation of its life insurance businesses by way of Part VII transfer, involving the transfer of the business of seven insurers into a single vehicle
- a major international reinsurer on a number of complex longevity risk transfer and pension scheme de-risking transactions
- MoneySupermarket.com Group plc on its acquisition of MoneySavingExpert.com and Decision Technologies
- Tandem on its acquisition of Harrods Bank