Martin is the Regional Head of Practice for Projects in UK, US, Middle East & Africa, and is the global co-head of our Africa Group.
Based in London, Martin is the Regional Head of Practice for Projects in UK, US, Middle East & Africa and is also co-head of our global Africa business.
Martin advises clients from all around the world on the development and financing of projects across all types of energy, resources and infrastructure, working with commercial banks, multilateral institutions, corporate sponsors and governments.
Martin has deep experience in a wide range of sectors, geographies and situations which allow him to provide clients with solutions-based and commercially robust advice which is suitable for the jurisdictions involved. Martin and his team advise clients on their most complex and challenging projects, in a wide range of countries.
Martin has experience of working with clients on the development of the largest LNG and upstream and pipeline projects, as well as on the development of all types of process plant, petrochemical and power projects. In addition his recent experience includes green and conventional power, having worked on power projects including hydroelectric, wind, solar, biomass and gas, as well as transport infrastructure and new technologies such as carbon capture and hydrogen.
Martin specialises in project finance work in emerging markets and has led teams advising on over 50 different deals in recent years across Africa, as well as in the subcontinent, middle east, Latin America and southeast Asia.
Although based in London, Martin regularly advises international clients including commercial banks, development finance institutions and multilaterals such as the World Bank Group. Martin is regularly appointed to advise governments on first-in-country deals where structuring and risk allocation are crucial.
Martin is ranked as a leading individual in Chambers Global from 2012 to now.
Martin is a key member of our market-leading team considered as the 'platinum' standard in the energy, natural resources and infrastructure sectors for providing top quality service to clients. Our sector specialists deliver expert support on some of the most complex energy transition and decarbonisation projects (including CCUS), renewables and power projects, world-class mining projects, large-scale oil and gas projects and first-of-a-kind infrastructure projects. We continue to support our clients, and have done over many years, in navigating the systemic shift in interest in green and sustainable financing.
Experience & expertise
- Woodside and its JV partners on the development of the Browse LNG project offshore Western Australia
- Tullow Oil on the development of its upstream assets in Kenya and the development and project financing of its export pipeline
- The Government of Nepal on the development and financing of five large-scale cross-border Hydropower projects, with combined value of approximately $7bn, the largest ever foreign investment in Nepal
- Standard Bank on the development and project financing of the Kinangop, Kwale, Kipeto and Lake Turkana power projects in Kenya
- DEG, Proparco and FMO in relation to the project financing of the Achwa Hydropower Project in Uganda, and the LIMAK Cement Project in Cote d'Ivoire.