Partner, Head of Energy, Asia
Hong Kong Latin America Group
Hilary is a corporate and commercial lawyer specialising in the energy and natural resources sector.
He advises international energy companies on their acquisitions, developments and disposals of energy projects around the world.
Hilary has particular expertise in the liquefied natural gas, mining, oil and gas, and power sectors. He has helped clients complete multibillion-dollar transactions on major projects worldwide, including in Australia, Canada, China, Indonesia, Africa and South America.
Experience & expertise
- leading a ten-office team advising Brookfield Asset Management on its US$4.6 billion acquisition of Westinghouse Electric Company from Japan's Toshiba Corporation
- I Squared Capital Advisers on the US$1.86 billion acquisition of Hutchison Telecommunications' fixed line business, Hutchison Global Communications (HGC)
- Brightoil Petroleum (Holdings) on its US$1.1 billion cash acquisition of Kerr-McGee China Petroleum, the China unit of Texas-based Anadarko Petroleum Corporation
- PetroChina on its acquisition of a 25% stake in phase one of the West Qurna field, Iraq from Exxon Mobil
- CNOOC on its acquisition of interests in the Surat and Bowen Basin coal seam gas tenements and related infrastructure and a further equity stake in the QCLNG project Train 1 liquefaction facility for US$1.93 billion
- PTT Exploration and Production Public Company on its acquisition of a 40 per cent stake in the Kai Kos Dehseh oil sands project in Canada for a total consideration of US$2.28 billion
- United PV, whose largest shareholder is China Merchants New Energy Group, on their acquisition of 6 solar power plants in the United Kingdom from Equinox