Giulia advises on contentious and non-contentious intellectual property matters.
Giulia is an IP litigator and an IP specialist with extensive experience in relation to the exploitation and protection of valuable IP assets, including patents, trademarks, designs, geographical indications and copyright. She has advised Italian and multinational clients on a range of IP-related cases, including patent and trademark infringement, unfair competition and design enforcement.
She assists the team in relation to all commercial arrangements for IP assets, such as licensing and distribution contracts, technology transfer agreements, IP assets assignment agreements and co-existence agreements, developing a 360° vision of intellectual property cases.
Giulia has worked with clients in a number of industries, ranging from TMT to fashion and luxury, energy, consumer goods and food, she advises international companies on sophisticated branding and trademark issues and she has also been involved in coordinating complex pan-European patent litigation cases.
Giulia won the INTA Tomorrow’s Leader Award in 2021.
Giulia graduated in law from the University of Milan, Italy after studying Intellectual Property and Disputes in both Spain and Beijing.
She obtained a LL.M. degree with distinction in Intellectual Property from the World Intellectual Property Organisation and the University of Turin.
She is a member of the INTA Committee on Emerging Issues (Sub-Committee on Blockchain - NFT & Metaverse).
She is a frequent speaker on conferences and seminars held by the University of Milan, by the University of Turin and by the IP associations Indicam and AICIPI on a number of IP issues related to different topics, such as block-chain and AI, Virtual fashion, Unified Patent Court, trade-secrets and know-how, IP and cultural appropriation and so on.
Experience & expertise
- assisting a leading UK publishing company in relation to a major transaction involving the assignment of their main IP assets and the negotiation and implementation of copyright and trade mark license agreements.
- assisting an Italian non-profit association that operates a radio station for under-18s in Italy and other EU countries, on a range of copyright, IP, privacy and image rights issues arising from the creation of different podcasts.
- assisting a world's leading luxury company in relation to the launch of their e-commerce platform, advising on IP aspects, copyrights issues related to images, consumers' provisions and privacy issues.
- advising one of the most well-known Italian commercial broadcaster in a complex copyright infringement case
- assisting an artificial intelligence developer on complex patent and trade mark infringement proceedings.
- advising a multinational tobacco manufacturer in relation to a number of IP-related cases, including regulatory aspects connected with product launches, advertising al labelling and on a product recall campaign.
- advising a leading designer and manufacturer of household appliances in relation to a product recall campaign to carry on in Italy in light of defects in some electric components which included liaising with the Italian Regulatory Authority for Communications.
- advising a leading tech Japanese provider of mobile portal and e-commerce websites in relation to various regulatory issues concerning the launch of a well-known videogame.
- assisting a global digital watches manufacturer on a design infringement case against an Italian manufacturer including which included regulatory issues on advertising and unfair commercial practice
- assisting the Italian largest valve manufacturer in relation to the protection of its IP assets with suppliers and distributors worldwide