The deal scene went through a rollercoaster as Covid-19 hit. The autumn has heralded the return of bid activity
Rarely have events accelerated so rapidly or so radically as they have in the course of the Covid-19 pandemic. We expect the crisis to operate as a catalyst for change and, as a result, there will be opportunities for those with capital to invest or a desire to expand. In this briefing we look at how M&A has changed in light of the pandemic and some of the issues that those looking to undertake M&A in the coming months should consider.
In this briefing we look at:
- current M&A activity levels
- what has changed on M&A transactions because of the pandemic;
- considerations for public M&A transactions;
- some of the particular features of a distressed M&A transaction; and
- the potential impact of foreign direct investment controls and merger control on transactions.
For further information on how we expect the pandemic to operate as a catalyst for change, please see our Catalyst hub, and our Exploring opportunities: Investments and Acquisitions guide which looks at some of the structures and issues for those looking to explore opportunities emerging from the crisis.